This position reports to the Director of Emergency Services and is
responsible for providing mental health crisis assessment, intervention and
brief treatment services to a diverse population of clients in crisis. In addition, the emergency services counselor will provide
appropriate recommendations for care and linkage services for clients requiring
on-going treatment. Additionally, this
role will function as part of a multidisciplinary team at Rutland Regional
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, human services,
social work or related field is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable
transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or
above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- 1-2 years' experience providing community
services for individuals suffering from mental illness, substance abuse, and/or
serious emotional disorders required.
- Successful completion of a criminal history
background check after hire.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Able to function autonomously in stressful
situations and make appropriate assessments in coordination with an on-call
- General knowledge of community resources,
standard models of service coordination, and/or experience working in a variety
of human services settings.
- Must demonstrate superior listening,
communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
within the agency and the community.
- Structured and organized to support those in
CCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.