The Adult Behavioral Health Clinician provides outpatient clinical services to adults who struggle with diagnosed mental illness. The clinician will provide direct clinical services including the assessment, individual therapy, and/or group therapy. In this role, the clinician will work as part of an interdisciplinary team, which includes medical, clinical, case management, outreach, vocational, and housing supportive services to adults in the Rutland County. The programs in Adult Behavioral Health offer a wide range of options to help people remain integrated in their local communities while building strategies to live more independent and satisfying lives.
About The Role:
- Provide outpatient, solution-focused individual counseling, group psychotherapy, and crisis intervention in an office, home, and community-based setting. Collaborate with internal and external partners in support of the individual's case management needs. Provide advocacy when needed.
- Develop treatment plans with each client; specify presenting problem, objectives, interventions, and desired outcomes.
- Collaborate and coordinate efforts with client's treatment team, PCP, and/or other involved providers.
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical competence with adults. Provides evidence-based, quality, culturally proficient and relevant therapeutic, educational, preventative and crisis services to adults in community-based environments.
- Facilitate access and referral to guardians, families, supports, community partners, self-help groups, advocacy services, and legal advocacy service when available and necessary.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Masters level degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field and experience in psychological treatment of adults and families.
- Vermont State license or eligibility of licensure in your field.
- Have the knowledge and ability to diagnose mental health disorders.
- General knowledge of community resources, standard models of service coordination, and/or experience working in a variety of human services settings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
What Makes You a Standout:
- Vermont State license of licensure in your field.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record system.
- Strong communication skills.
- Personable, motivated and passionate about your work.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while maintaining a kind, nurturing and patient demeanor.
- Ability to work as a team member within the agency and the community.
How We Help
- Career training and development.
- Supervision and clinical support.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Collaborative and engaging team meetings with direct supervision.
CCN is EEO employer.