Level 2 Direct Support Professionals carries out the
services of the Individual Support Agreement and Career Support Plan by identifying
individuals' strengths, abilities, and interests. In addition, this position
will provide direct support to individuals that is consistent with their
employment and career goals who are on their case load or assigned.
- Provides direct support for individuals on case
load at employment site, floaters will provide support to assigned individuals;
trained on all individual supports.
- Identify individuals' strengths, abilities, and
interests, and develop a strategic plan to match career opportunities for
individuals with local employers as required.
with individuals served with respect and in a professional and dignified
required paperwork (i.e. daily data, service logs, timesheets, mileage sheet…etc.)
in a timely manner.
- Implement appropriate support strategies as
outlined in the ISA and Career Support Plan.
- Assists individuals in finding and retaining
employment as necessary.
- Assists Service Coordinator in the development
of employment goals as necessary.
- Develops Career Support Plan in a timely fashion
- Provide career training to individuals within
their employment site.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical, social, and
behavioral needs in order to address support needs.
- Ensures that individual choices with regard to
employment are respected and acted upon in a meaningful and constructive
- Provide general education around supported
employment to employers as needed.
- Maintains a flexible schedule in order to meet
the employment requirements of the individuals supported.
- Responds to employment, job site issues, etc. in
a responsible and professional manner as necessary.
- Provides transportation to individuals as necessary
appropriate information, issues and concerns in a timely manner to their Direct
confidentiality according to agency policy and state law.
abuse and or neglect as a mandated reporter to the supervisor and other
appropriate reporting entities.
in meetings, trainings, and supervision as scheduled.
- Maintain knowledge and skills consistent with
current best practices
- Assure compliance with applicable regulations,
policies and standards.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Previous experience in developmental services required.
with computers, experience entering data into electronic medical records (EMR)
to respond to emergency situations appropriately.
- Ability to work with others in a positive,
- Strong writing and organizational skills in order to
receive and convey information in efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility, dependability, and ability to
- Commitment to community inclusion and
- Able to flex schedule as needed.
- Must have a
valid driver's license, reliable transportation with personal automobile
liability insurance coverage at or above the levels mandated by the State
completion of a criminal history background check after hire.
Community Care Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.