The Elder Care Social
Worker is responsible for facilitating services through assessment of clients'
psychosocial, mental and emotional needs along with acting as a key participant
of interdisciplinary teams determining Plans of Care. The Elder Care Social
Worker will foster a climate, policies and routines that enable clients to
maximize their individuality, independence and dignity. This climate shall
provide clients with the highest practical level of physical, mental and
psychosocial well-being and quality of life.
- Provide social service support including
screenings, counseling and external referrals, as needed.
- Develop treatment plans that are designed to
improve the mental health and well-being of clients.
- Assess the needs, strengths, weaknesses,
situations, and support systems of clients to develop short-term and long-term
goals and treatment plans.
- Research and refer clients to resources (i.e.
government housing, medical services, Meals-on-Wheels, transportation, and food
- Re-evaluate and update treatment plans based on
change in clients' status, emergent conditions and other relevant circumstances
as well as communicating changes to all relevant stakeholders (i.e.
interdisciplinary teams, families, caregivers).
- Transport and accompany clients to doctor's
appointments to ensure compliance with medical advice.
- Complete ongoing periodic assessments to ensure
a thorough evolution of client care, in keeping with changing needs and
- Document and maintain client electronic case
management assessments for immediate and future use.
- Counsel or provide assistance and support to the
families of clients.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master's Degree in Social Work field required.
- Licensed Social Worker in the State of Vermont
or working towards licensure required.
- Familiarity with senior resources in Rutland
- Three years of experience in providing care
management to elder care preferred
- Ability to form relationships with elders and
their families required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to take
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable
transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or
above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- Successful completion of a criminal history
background check after hire.
CCN is an equal opportunity employer.