This position reports to the Director of Emergency Services and is
responsible for providing mental health crisis assessment, intervention and
brief treatment services to a diverse population of clients in crisis. In addition, the crisis clinician will provide
appropriate recommendations for care and linkage services for clients requiring
on-going treatment. The Crisis Clinician
functions as part of a multidisciplinary team at Rutland Regional Medical
- Provide assessment and intervention for clients
- Work in conjunction with RMHS and RRMC staff to
provide assessment and appropriate level of intervention for clients in crisis.
- Work in conjunction with RRMC staff to assure
continuity of care from crisis through discharge to outpatient services.
- Provide mobile crisis contacts when necessary
and when clinically appropriate and as directed by supervisor.
- Flexibility to provide coverage for crisis team,
including weekends and holidays.
- Participate in clinical supervision and attends
all required staff meetings.
- Master's Degree in psychology, human
services, social work or related field is required.
- 1 to 2 years of experience
providing community services for people with at least 2 of the following: mental illness, substance abuse, and/or
serious emotional disorders.
- Licensed by the State of Vermont, or be
actively pursuing licensure.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to function autonomously in
stressful situations and make appropriate assessments in coordination with
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications software and able to utilize computer-supported collaborative work
- Must be able to meet the post offer, pre-employment drug testing requirements of the Rutland Regional Medical Center program and the background check requirements of RMHS.
CCN is an equal opportunity employer.