Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children and families? Are you excited about growing professionally in the field of early childhood education?
Join the growing, comprehensive, integrated, and family-centered early childhood program at Rutland County Head Start. We embrace a unified approach that fosters teamwork and engages in partnership with the children and families we serve.
Rutland County Head Start Early Care and Education is Hiring for the Lead Teacher Position!
This position requires a high school diploma or a GED and:
- Hold a current Child Care Certificate
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Development or related Field
- Teaching License with Early Childhood Education Endorsement (or plan to attain one within two years of hiring).
- Two years of experience working within a preschool classroom
- Must have a passion for early care and education
- Be comfortable with communicating and collaborating with families and other support staff
- Create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum experiences
- Supervise a group of 15- 20 children with a teaching team
- Provide supervision for teaching team including Teacher's Assistants, Childcare Staff and Float Staff
- Ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, Federal and State regulations and national accreditation standards
- Conduct Parent/Teacher conferences and Home visits during the school year
- Conduct assessments of children's overall development three times per school year
CCN is an equal opportunity employer.