Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children and families? Are you excited about growing professionally in the field of early childhood education?
Join the growing, comprehensive, integrated, and family-centered early childhood program at Rutland County Head Start. We embrace a unified approach that fosters teamwork and engages in partnership with the children and families we serve.
Rutland County Head Start Early Care and Education is hiring for the Assistant Teacher Position!
This valued team member supports the overall programming within the Rutland County Head Start classrooms by providing teaching support to our Lead Teachers. The Assistant Teacher position is integral in supporting the overall operations of the classroom, and supports supervision and management of the classroom when the Lead Teacher is unavailable.
This position requires a High School diploma or GED and:
- VT Early Childhood Career Ladder Level 2 Certificate;
- Current CDA with 12 months experience working in a preschool classroom
- State Board of Ed approved Human Service Program Certificate that emphasizes child development or early childhood education 12 months experience;
- Completion of Fundamentals for Early Childhood Professionals' course or VT Afterschool Essentials Certificate 12 months experience;
- 3 credit college course in child or human development or for school age care and education 12 months experience.
- Comfort with supervising a class of between 15-20 students with a teaching team
- Ability to assist in assessing each child's development 3x per year
- Support IEP
- Assist teacher with parent conferences each school year
- Supporting IEP directives
- Supporting developmental/social emotional screenings
- Follow all Vermont childcare licensing and STARS regulations.CCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer