- Full-time and Per Diem shifts available
- Mix of 1st & 2nd Shift with rotating weekends available
- 3rd shift weekends available
The Residential Recovery
Specialist is responsible for the admission of clients to Community Care Network 24/7 residential programs: Crisis Stabilization and Inpatient Diversion or the MapleWood Recovery Residence. The RRS will work directly with clients entering residential treatment through completing assessments, reviewing client's rights, responsibilities, guidelines and services, in accordance with established
protocol. Main responsibilities include assisting clients in minimizing
symptoms of acute psychiatric episodes by structuring wellness activities,
assessing needs and preferences within the residence and in the community,
supportive counseling, planning discharge services and assisting clients for
reintegration into community. Staff are responsible for establishing and
maintaining a safe, healthy and therapeutic residential environment. Staff
shall maintain effective communication and a good working relationship with the
treatment team across all shifts to deliver efficient and effective crisis care
to clients, resulting in their return to home/community.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to program philosophy, policies and procedures including
established entrance, continued stay, and discharge criteria.
- Provides outcome oriented client services in
accordance to their personal treatment plan including :
direct billable services as needed for clients in the residential home.
- utilizing a recovery model, providing supportive
counseling and constructive interactions to promote consumer stability and
ability to cope with and adapt to new challenges.
- accurately observes, monitors and documents
consumer behavior and assist in assessing stability.
- implements problem-solving strategies to
address difficult, potentially dangerous consumer behavior.
- coordinates and assists consumers with
attendance at appointments, programs or activities in the community.
- facilitates daily wellness activities
including skill building groups and community integration activities.
consumers with developing ADLs including hygiene, rest, nutrition and activity.
- transports clients as necessary using personal
- Ensures the timely completion of
all records and data collection as required by program, State, and accrediting
as an effective member of the support team.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings on a
- Assists Residential program leaders with
co-worker training as requested.
in community education activities as requested by supervisor.
- Provide necessary approved transportation and program related errands (either in agency or personal vehicle).
Community Care Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, social work or other relevant education preferred.
- Valid Driver's License reliable transportation and current liability automobile insurance coverage.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check after hire.
- Knowledge and ability to work effectively with adults experiencing acute psychiatric symptoms as part of a team of professional care providers.
- Prior experience in the provision of mental health services is preferred, ideally with knowledge of risk assessments.
- Ability to provide recovery-oriented counseling/support.
- Ability to work with clients and their families in a residential-based setting.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while maintaining a kind, nurturing and patient demeanor in crisis situations.
- General knowledge of community resources, standard models of service coordination, and/or experience working in a variety of human services settings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of computer operations and EHR software a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.