About the Role:
The Behavior Interventionist is responsible for providing mental health services, consultation and behavioral intervention to students with autism or other disorders in the school setting. The BI helps students develop social skills, improve their ability to learn in school, and eliminate or reduce negative or disruptive behaviors.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree or pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in human services field or relevant experience related to the field.
- Previous successful experience working with students with severe physical and aggressive behavior preferred.
- Experience or training in how to deal with students with autism preferred.
- Certification in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) willing to be trained.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check after hire.
What's in It For YOU:
- Career training and development.
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Tuition Discount
- Collaborative and engaging team meetings with direct supervision.
CCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.