Administers Agency Servers and provides support for devices including PCs, tablets and thin clients. This includes active directory management, scripting/automation of tasks and basic management of firewalls and switches. Servers include Domain controllers, Print Server, Application and Citrix Servers. This position will be supported by a 3rd party vendor.
· Assists the Director of Information Technology in formulating and implementing policies, procedures, and standards.
· Involved in strategic planning to assess and improve Agency IT operation and business processes. Develops, implements and manages various IT Projects. Coordinates projects related to the network and system with vendors, contractors and staff.
· Develop work plans to execute IT projects at the direction of the Director of IT.
· Develops and maintains services catalog describing the offerings of IT services and participates in the development of service level agreements for the delivery of those services.
· Identifies opportunities to develop systems that will enhance operational efficiencies; evaluates and recommends new tools and methodologies that will expedite or enhance the operational/development process.
· Assists in preparing, monitoring, and administering annual budget for the department, including staffing, equipment and supplies.
· Coordinates reviews and analyzes requests for proposals ensuring compliance within technical specifications.
· Works collaboratively with vendors to coordinate system availability, performance management, and capacity planning issues; assures timely, accurate and prompt turnaround of work orders/requests.
· Monitors workload statistics in support of achieving service level agreement goals; and reviews plans for new construction, remodeling or requests for telecommunications and data communications services requirements.
· Monitors security logs and conducts security audits including managing antivirus software and email/web filters.
· Manages Agency software and licenses including VMWare, Office Suite 2019, Exchange 2016 and Sharepoint.
· Manages system backups including testing of Disaster Recovery.
· Acts on behalf of the Director of Information Technology in his/her absence as directed.