Community Care Network is comprised of Rutland Mental Health Services
and Rutland Community Programs. Our mission is to enhance the well-being of our
communities, individuals and families through responsive, innovative and
collaborative human service. As an
Emergency Services Clinician, you have the opportunity to face both challenging
situations and opportunities essential in developing a rewarding career in
This is a per-diem/on call position. No guaranteed hours provided.
About The Role:
As an Emergency Services Clinician, you will participate in the daily
operation of Emergency Services, including telephone triage, crisis
intervention (involving evaluation, stabilization, referral and follow-up)
on-site, in the community and in emergency departments as well as providing
ongoing support. You will act as the liaison with community providers for
continuity of care.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Master's Degree in clinical psychology, social
work or related field is required.
- Must be a licensed clinician by the State of
Vermont or pursuing licensure.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable
transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or
above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- Successful completion of a criminal history
background check after hire.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Able to function autonomously in stressful
situations and make appropriate assessments in coordination with an on-call
- General knowledge of community resources,
standard models of service coordination, and/or experience working in a variety
of human services settings.
- Must demonstrate superior listening,
communication and writing skills.
What Makes You a Standout:
- Experience in a crisis or emergency situation
- Proficient using computer and necessary software
as well as experience with navigating an
- Electronic Medical Record to complete client
- Personable, motivated and passionate about your work.
- Enjoy interacting with children, families and
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
within the agency and the community.
- Structured and organized to support those in
How We Help
- Career/professional training and development
- Supervision and clinical support.
- Collaborative and engaging team meetings with
- Company sponsored events.
- Lots of smiles, laughs and support!
CCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer