Royce Street Residential Facility is a residential home
for four individuals with developmental disabilities. Direct Support
Professionals assists individuals in a variety of day-to-day tasks, such as but
not limited to: transportation, medical management, dietary needs, personal
care and more. This position will assist in planning and carrying out
individuals programs as well as implementing goals identified by the
Individualized Service Agreement (ISA). The atmosphere at this facility is
rewarding and very warm.
- Interacts with individuals served with respect and
in a professional and dignified manner.
- Respects individuals' choices and encourages
- Performs personal care duties as required (i.e.
toileting, personal hygiene, skin assessments, etc.).
- Updating Consulting Nurse of changes to
- Possess knowledge
of infection control practices and demonstrates knowledge effectively.
- Following special
care procedures under the supervision of RN (i.e. dysphagia).
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual
characteristics such as physical health, mental health, and psychosocial
characteristics in order to address needs in a personalized manner.
- Ensures the Safety and wellbeing of individuals
- Provides the necessary support to ensure that all
basic needs are met, including, personal care, household management, nutrition,
and medication management. Household management includes, preparing foods,
cooking, blending and cleaning the kitchen each shift. Household duties as
outlined in the shift duties lists.
Household maintenance including changing light bulbs, batteries and
maintaining clear, safe walkways via shoveling of snow.
- Monitors medical and dietary needs as appropriate.
- Provides a stimulating and positive experience
within the home and in the community based on the interests and preferences of
- Provides support at doctors' offices or hospitals
- Speaks with individuals in a natural, positive and
person centered manner.
- Interacts with team members, community and support
services appropriately to ensure continuity of services.
- Keeps supervisor informed in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality according to agency
policy and state law.
- Reports abuse and or neglect as a mandated reporter
to the supervisor and other appropriate reporting entities.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to work with
and for others in a respectful manner.
- Assist with training and shadowing as necessary.
- Participates in planning and carries out individual
- Maintains flexibility and is responsive to changes
in daily routine.
- Accommodates physical needs of individuals.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Implements the goals identified in the ISA.
- Documents required paperwork (i.e. daily data,
graphs, narratives, case notes, and timesheets) in a timely manner.
- Responsible for using agency communication tools,
such as E3, company email?etc. in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Carries out suggestions as agreed upon with
- Communicates appropriate information which would
affect ability to carry out job function.
- Communicates issues and concerns regarding
individual in a timely manner to the Supervisor.
- Provides transportation to individuals as necessary.
- Participates in meetings, trainings, in-services
and supervision as scheduled.
- Maintains safe, attractive program areas and
reports any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains flexibility in scheduling and being able
to work with different individuals as needed due to potential staff shortages,
- Works flexible schedules to accommodate the needs
of the individuals served.
- High School
Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Previous experience in developmental
- Ability to work
with others in a positive, responsible manner.
- Strong writing and
organizational skills in order to receive and convey information in efficient
and effective manner.
- Ability to maintain
dependability, and ability to work independently.
- Commitment to
community inclusion and individual choice.
- Able to flex schedule as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable
transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or
above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- *Successful completion of a criminal history
background check after hire.
CCN is an equal opportunity employer