11:00 pm - 7:00 am - 3rd Shift, Weekends a Must
The Residential Recovery Specialist will work with individuals suffering from mental illness and/or substance use disorders in a residential facility environment. This role may assess incoming clients, review client's rights, responsibilities, guideline and services, in accordance with established protocol. Additionally the RSS will support therapeutic programming, facilitate and share meals with clients, perform basic monitoring of vitals, facilitate observation of self-administered medication, and electronically chart notes.
- Provide client-centered support for clients struggling with mental illness and/or substance use disorders by adhering to program philosophy, policies and procedures including established entrance, continued stay, and discharge criteria.
- Provide outcome oriented client services in accordance to their personal treatment plan including:
- Deliver direct billable services as needed for clients in the residential home.
- Utilize a recovery model, providing supportive counseling and constructive interactions to promote client stability and ability to cope with and adapt to new challenges.
- Assist clients with emotion regulation through therapeutic interventions.
- Accurately observe, monitor and document client behavior and assist in assessing stability.
- Implement problem-solving strategies to address difficult, potentially dangerous client behavior.
- Coordinate and assist clients with attendance at appointments, programs or activities in the community.
- Facilitate daily wellness activities including skill building groups and community integration activities.
- Assist client with developing ADLs including hygiene, rest, nutrition and activity.
- Transport clients as necessary using personal vehicle.
- Assist in preparation of meals and share supported meals with clients.
- Monitor and manage access to bedroom, bathroom, outside access and common areas.
- Perform checks at facility to ensure environmental safety and client location.
- Monitor basic vital signs to include heart rate, blood pressure, weight, or other as directed by the program RN and electronically chart as needed.
- Facilitate observation of self-administered prescription medications under the supervision of the program RN.
- Participate in on-going required training for compliance and therapeutic interventions in order to maintain a safe, supportive, clinically sound milieu.
- Respond to crisis situations and escalate appropriately.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
- Attend and participate in weekly supervision meeting with supervisor.
- Maintain timely documentation and recordkeeping using EMR as required by program, State, Agency and accrediting bodies.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, human services, social work or related field preferred.
- Understanding of the etiology and treatment of mental illness and substance use disorders.
- CPR and First Aid trained preferred.
- Previous experience in a behavioral health residential facility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check after hire.
- Basic computer skills to include use of Word and experience with electronic charting of notes.
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence and understanding of people living with addiction, mental illness and in recovery.
- Ability to develop a nurturing relationship with clients.
- Compassionate and service oriented.
- Able to work independently.
- Comfortable with routine and extended client interaction.
CCN is an equal opportunity employer.